Foods Needed Most
Food banks gladly accept nutritious food donations large or small. For your convenience, here is a list of Most Wanted Foods:
- Shelf-stable milk.
- Foods high in protein: canned meats like tuna, chicken, or salmon, canned or dried beans.
- Foods high in nutrients: canned fruits and vegetables (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced sugar).
- Whole-grain foods: brown rice, whole grain cereal and whole-wheat pasta.
- Soups, chilies and stews (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced fat).
- 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed).
- Unsaturated cooking oils.
- Other nutritious foods (preferably with reduced fat, sodium and sugar).